Ticketing Changes & Inquiries
EMAIL IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST AND FASTEST WAY TO REACH US.
TO LISTEN TO A GENERAL RECORDED MESSAGE: 415-320-1408 — messages are checked less frequently than emails.
988 Columbus Avenue (at Chestnut)
San Francisco, CA 94133
(across from La Rocca’s Corner and near Bimbo’s 365 Club)
Entrance on Ross Street
between Mendocino Avenue and B Street
Santa Rosa CA 95401
Side of the Press Democrat & coLAB Connect Building
use 427 Mendocino Avenue for GPS
pssst…Our large rolling garage door renders us rather invisible during the hours that we are closed. We are fully visible on Ross Street during performances.
We’re a nonprofit performing arts theater hosting music, comedy, theater, literary events, improv, film, spoken word, and more. We also offer Theater Rentals for parties, workshops, private showcases, and more.
- 2 Set Format with 1 intermission.
- Performers book their co-bill band, musician, comics, films, actors or poets.
- Minimum verified draw is 40 attended (goals are 40-125 in SF and 40-75 in SR).
- Performers have their own promotions in place and also partner with our PR Team.
For Music Showcases: Volume/Band Parameters if not already Acoustic/Low Volume
- Vocals can be heard over music
- Play to the Room – Don’t Blast out the Audience
- Ear Plugs are never needed by Audience
- Simple Sound needs. 1 hour only from Load In to Doors open.
- If not acoustic — a good example of a higher volume show for us is The Breeders Tiny Desk Concert.
Since our programming is very diverse and since we are not a bar, restaurant or strictly music venue — we don’t have a built-in audience.
SHOW TIMELINE: Load in 6:30pm | Tech/Sound Check 6:30-7:30pm | Doors at 7:30pm | Performance between 8:15-10:30 with one 15-20 minute Intermission.
Santa Rosa: 40-75 attended is the goal.
Santa Rosa Terms are 70/30 split after $175-250 house expenses (pending set-up). If total is less than House Expenses – TLC retains gross amount of door sales. Artists never pay to meet house expenses.
Stage size = 8 ft deep, 12 ft wide
San Francisco: 40-125 is the goal.
San Francisco Terms are 70/30 split after $175-250 house expenses (pending set-up). If total is less than House Expenses – TLC retains gross amount of door sales. Artists never pay to meet house expenses.
Stage size = 14 ft deep x 14 ft wide
We have a 30 mile Radius Clause of no other shows 3-wks before or after ours (unless it’s a low key gig that’s unlisted on your calendar and not announced or promoted until after our show).
The Lost Church .Org provides:
- The Theater: Eclectic, dark, haunted Victorian Manor meets Weimar Cabaret/Speakeasy.
- Sound: PA with Behringer X2222USB Board, 8 snake inputs from stage, (2) BOSE Speaker/Monitor TowerS, and 5 SM58 mics & stands/3 Mono DIs, 1 mini-jack adapter to play backing tracks from your device. Amps, ideally, are under 25 watts, please. Minimal lightly played drum kits and light percussion are welcome.
- Simple lighting (on, dimmed, off. In Santa Rosa can adjust the stage, chandeliers, and side lights separately.)
- Host/Sound person
- Social Media promo (we have a dedicated Social Media/Community Manager for posts and an Ads Manager)
- Press Releases to the Local Media
- We’re on all Local Internet Listings
- Monthly In-house Calendar — framed on the wall as posters and in handbill form
- Promo in Lost Church Bulletin (4,500 + weekly subscribers)
- Fiscal Sponsorship for Recurring Series Promoters who are applying for grants for their project
- Ticketing service (https://www.thelostchurch.com/santa-rosa.html and https://thelostchurch.org/san-francisco/)
Subject line = Location (San Francisco or Santa Rosa) + Performer Names and DATE you are requesting.
Body of Email: Complete line-up, date range requested, websites, and brief description of the showcase.
Concise is best.
If music, please include a weblink to music or video where we can listen and review. If comedy, improv or theater please include a video. Please do not send attachments!
Our Booking Agent will get back to you as soon as possible if your inquiry meets our criteria.
Please don’t hesitate to circle back and bring your email to the top of our inbox, again. Since we book between 35-45 performances and rental events per month we appreciate a friendly follow-up.
The Lost Church books shows approximately 3-4 months ahead.
We offer rental of our theaters for video shoots, photo shoots, birthday parties, anniversary celebrations, off-beat weddings, community gatherings, corporate events, meetings, work shops, recitals, and private showcases.
Please email email@example.com to learn more about rentals, rates, and to book your event!
On-site Manager and Bartender
PA and BOSE Tower Speaker/Monitor System with 5 SM58 mics/3 Mono DIs, and mini-jack adapter to play backing tracks from your device
Live performance stage
75 chairs at TLC Santa Rosa and 105 chairs at TLC San Francisco
1 large table for Appetizers, Gifts, Merch, Party Favors, etc.
75 capacity (Santa Rosa) or 135 capacity (San Francisco) Eclectic Vintage Speakeasy Theater Space.
Bar: Beer/wine/champagne/juices/teas provided by The Lost Church and can be no host or the client can set a predetermined cap and pay for their attendees’ beverages in advance or at the end of the event. No outside drinks please, unless pre-approved. When approved, corkage fee is $10 per bottle.
Food: Outside finger food, appetizers, and cake or cupcakes prepared by either a caterer or the client are welcome (no messy food, please). Snacks and appetizers are great, but anything approaching a dinner scenario is not a good fit.